In the MidAmerica Region we envision a faith development landscape where we help to enable
- Interconnections between our congregations and religious professionals
- Innovation in creating and sustaining new models of learning, and
- Impact, so that collaborations between our congregations and religious professionals help to grow Unitarian Universalism in our Region.
With those goals in mind, our team works from the premise that vital and growing congregations embrace and nurture lifespan faith development. In service of that premise, we seek to support religious educators in a host of ways:
Services for Religious Educators
- Transitions - For new 3/4 to full-time religious educators, we can provide RE Consultants for "Start-Up" workshops. These important workshops provide an excellent beginning for a productive experience within the congregation. In addition, for departing religious educators, we can provide Exit/Transition interviews, which help in the search for a new religious educator. Also, virtual coaching is available for congregations who are about to embark on a search for a new religious educator.
- New DRE's - Every fall we provide a "New DRE" webinar series, and each of these sessions will be archived on our website for future use. We send a welcome letter to congregations for their new DRE's inviting them to join our MidAmerica UU Religious Educators Facebook group and our Regional RE listserve.
- Let's Talk Sessions - These open teleconference sessions are happening twice a month in September, October, and November. The hour long sessions afford an opporutnity for any religious educator to bring your questions, ideas, and news about new models and resources for your programs (more information on the Let's Talk sessions on the MA website).
- Renaissance Modules - these continuing education opportunities for religious educators are created by our national faith development leaders, and are offered twice a year in the region. We just completed the new online "UU History" renaissance module, and are planning on offering the "Adult Faith Development" module in mid-May in the Chicagoland area. We are very interested in what modules folks are needing to build their skills and portfolios, and we ask that you let us know what you are hoping for in future.
- OWL Trainings - We will be helping MidAmerica congregations who are interested in hosting an OWL training. We have a new OWL page on our MidAmerica website, with information on how to reach us. Our goal is to provide regional support to ensure that OWL trainings are offered throughout the region. For further questions, you can contact us at: OWLfirstname.lastname@example.org
There is a significant relational component to supporting lifespan faith development leaders, and with that in mind, I extend a heartfelt invitation for leaders to contact me.
Nancy Combs-Morgan, email@example.com
Congregational Life Consultant/Faith Development Program Manager
|Worship Renaissance Module in Deerfield IL|
Presenters: Nancy Combs-Morgan, CRE-ML & Rev. Rudra Vilius Dundzila, Ph.D. & D.Min. This module, geared for religious educators and lay worship associates, will explore worship formation; review the range of worship experiences; highlight resources and skills for the craft of worship; impact understanding and practice the power of stories in worship, and equip for evaluating the aspects and impact of a worship service. Understanding worship, its place in congregation...