The Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) is looking to hire an experienced bookkeeper to deal with all financial aspects of our organization. The position is avaliable to anyone within the United States or Canada as most of the work can be done remotely.
The bookkeeper will be responsible for:
- Developing a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a cashbook and making payments as required.
- Inputting financial data into QuickBooks Online
- Handling the payroll
- Preparing all relevant tax forms for a non-profit organization (such as Form 990) and preparing the annual tax donation letters for donors.
- Preparing monthly financial statements, including correctly accounting for all transactions in and out of our permanently and temporarily restricted fund accounts.
For the first three months the Bookkeeper will be employed for 30 hours per month, in order to allow time to set up an accounting system. After that the hours will be reduced to about 20 hours per month (negotiable) for completing routine tasks.
The Bookkeeper will work closely with and be supported by our Administrator, Development Director and Treasurer.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Understands double entry bookkeeping and fund accounting
- Able to set-up and maintain an accounting system within QuickBooks Online
- Knowledge of and ability to process payroll
- Ability to prepare all necessary tax forms for a non-profit organization
- Computer literate, able to use Excel and be competent with various online financial software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, thorough and precise
- Our ideal candidate will be a supporter of Unitarian Universalism, with an understanding of our organization, its goals, and mission.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Juliet Donaldson firstname.lastname@example.org
LREDA aims to be a fair compensation employer according to the UUA’s Fair Compensation guidelines.
As part of our recruitment process we’ll be performing background checks and requesting references.
LREDA is the professional support organization for Unitarian Universalist religious educators, with about 500 members distributed throughout the US and Canada. For more information about our organization please visit, https://lreda.memberclicks.net