First Unitarian Church of Des Moines (www.ucdsm.org) seeks a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).
To further advance our institutional health and vibrancy, we are looking for a big-picture person who will effectively and creatively manage the administrative and financial aspects of our congregation. We seek an experienced professional who will enjoy collaborating with our minister and staff and our active volunteer leaders. The DFA will:
1. Oversee the daily operations of the church and its facilities and grounds
2. Efficiently manage staff and resources
3. Manage the financial operations of the church towards solvency and fiscal health
4. Manage human resources administration and technology needs
5. Collaborate with minister, lay leaders and staff to implement systems and procedures to achieve the Ends as established by the board
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Rev. Jennifer Brooks
515-244-8603 ext. 102
1800 Bell Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50315
Applications should be sent as a single attachment in Word or Acrobat format containing a cover letter addressing the qualifications, a resume, and a list with contact information for at least three professional references. Please label the file with your name ( i.e. “lastname first unitarian application.pdf”)
The successful applicant will have the following education, skills & qualities:
• BA or higher in Business Administration, including accounting coursework
• 7 – 10 years of experience managing a busy office and staff, including finances (preferably non-profit), facilities, administration, and human resources
• High level of skill on all MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) plus database software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work with or manage both paid staff and volunteers
• Willingness and ability to nurture the personal and professional development of other staff and volunteers through sharing of knowledge and skills.
Salary and benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience with a generous pension and health insurance package. Position is exempt, salaried.
Start Date: March 1, 2018 or sooner as agreed
Application Deadline: Position open until filled.