Second Unitarian Church of Omaha
3012 S 119th Street, Omaha, NE 68144
Title: Director of Religious Education (DRE)
The Second Unitarian Church of Omaha, Nebraska, seeks a dedicated, warm, enthusiastic, and creative Director of Religious Education. The DRE provides leadership, direction and management for a Religious Education program that welcomes and nurtures the spiritual wholeness and well-being of our children and youth on Sunday morning and beyond. Second Unitarian has 120 members, plus children. We are a Welcoming, friendly and healthy congregation, seeking to transform ourselves and the wider world!
General Qualifications and Skills:
- Commitment to and a deep understanding of Unitarian Universalist Principles and values.
- College degree or relevant experience in religious education, education, child development or a related field.
- Understanding of different learning styles, the developmental stages of children and youth and the associated teaching/learning strategies, in a religious context.
- Experience in working with K-12 children and youth.
- Competency in anti-racism and multi-cultural issues, and anti-oppression issues generally.
- Strength in computer skills and internet-based applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and social media
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Warmth, enthusiasm, and creativity.
This is a part-time and year-round position, for 20 hours per week from July 1st to June 30th. The DRE must be available to work Sunday mornings during the congregational year (September – June) and also during the summer as needed for summer programming. The DRE will maintain weekly on-site office hours per week as determined by the Minister. The DRE is supervised by the Minister.
Full Job Description: Director of Religious Education Job Description
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with UUA Fair Compensation Guidelines for Geo Index 2 and based on education, UUA RE credentialing status and experience.
- Participation in the UUA Retirement Program with 10% employer contribution
- Participation in the UUA Life Insurance and Long-term Disability Insurance with 100% employer contribution
- Participation in the UUA Health Plan without employer contribution
- Professional expense allowance
- One Sunday per month off, with adequate supervision by volunteers arranged
- Forty hours paid leave annually, to include no more than two Sundays.
If you would like to join our staff team, please send a cover letter and resumé, with “DRE Position” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a cover letter and resumé via postal mail to: Reverend Cyndi Simpson, Second Unitarian Church of Omaha, 3012 S 119th Street, Omaha, NE, 68144.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled.
REPORTS TO: Senior Minister
STATUS: Full time
DATES: ~August 2018 – July 2019 (will negotiate for the right candidate)
SALARY: $50,000 - $58,000, based on experience, plus benefits
SUPERVISES: Youth Programs Coordinator, Religious Education Administrative Assistant, Nursery Coordinator, and Early Childhood Coordinator
The Interim Director of Religious Education will work with the congregation to fulfill an agreed upon interim process as well as a healthy religious education program. The Interim Director of Religious Education will work with the Senior Minister, the Associate Minister, and relevant lay leadership teams to design this agreed-upon interim process, and will work with the leadership in the children’s religious education program to lead healthy religious education programs for children & youth.
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbus, Indiana (UUCCI) seeks a Director of Lifespan Faith Development
The Start date will Late June - Early July 2018; exact date to be negotiated. This will be a Permanent (24 hours/week) position, reporting to the Chief-of-Staff (Minister). The Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. Benefits will include some combination of healthcare, dental, paid time off, professional expenses, and 401k
The Director of Lifespan Faith Development (DLFD) will help to envision and lead the implementation of a strategic approach to UU religious education for all ages at UUCCI. Working closely with the Minister, this individual will be highly collaborative and motivated, with a capacity to also work independently toward specified goals and metrics of success. The DLFD will be skilled at recruiting and sustaining a wide network of volunteers to support various aspects of the broader