First Unitarian Church of Louisville is hiring a part-time Religious Exploration Coordinator to plan and implement our church education program for children and adults.
Responsibilities include recruiting and guiding/supporting volunteers who work in the program, serving as a teacher or program facilitator, supervising Sunday activities, and supervising two support staff.
The Coordinator will prepare a monthly report for the Board, meet monthly with the education committee, and participate in weekly staff meetings. This position reports to the Minister.
Assists in planning and implementing a Religious Education program under the supervision of a Director of Religious Education (DRE) or a Minister. The RE Coordinator will both provide administrative support and will have some program responsibility. In a small congregation, the RE Coordinator may be the only RE professional and report to a Minister who directs the RE program. In a larger congregation, the RE coordinator will report directly to a DRE or RE minister who directs the RE program.
Program responsibilities might include recruiting and guiding/supporting volunteers, serving as a teacher or program facilitator, supervising Sunday activities when the DRE or RE minister is unavailable, or managing one aspect of the religious education activities (such as directing a summer program, coordinating the children's or youth program, directing an evening adult program or a committee tasked with developing family activities).
FT salary is $28-30K
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of La Crosse (Wisconsin)
12 hrs/wk with 4 weeks paid vacation
Compensation: $8875 per year
1 year contract with the possibility of renewal
Supervised by: President of the Board
Position begins: August 1, 2018
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of La Crosse seeks a dedicated, warm, enthusiastic, and creative Acting Religious Education Coordinator and Teacher for Children and Youth. Our congregation welcomes and nurtures the spiritual wholeness and well-being of our children and youth on Sunday morning and beyond.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of La Crosse is a progressive religious community with considerable religious and spiritual diversity. We are grounded in our common Unitarian Universalist values more than common beliefs about God or the sacred. We firmly proclaim that we need not believe alike to love alike.
We are a justice-seeking, justice-making congregation committed to employment equity. We welcome applicants regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, or religious background. We accept applicants who are not Unitarian Universalist provided we share similar progressive values. You will receive a Unitarian Universalist orientation from our Minister. For more information about Unitarian Universalism, please see uua.org. To review sample Unitarian Universalist religious education curricula, please see uua.org/re/tapestry/children.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Working in partnership with the Religious Education Committee and volunteers to develop and offer Sunday religious education and spiritual development programming for children and youth
- prepare weekly Sunday lesson plans for 3 age groups, one of which you will teach
- support and train the Religious Education Teachers
- assist the Minister with one multigenerational service a year
- in partnership with Sunday Services and the Minister, choose and offer one Wisdom Story a month in a Sunday Service
- attend monthly Religious Education Committee and Staff meetings
- attend additional meetings as recommended by the Minister, Supervisor, and RE Committee
- provide administrative support for the Religious Education Program
- prepare monthly board report and regular submissions for the weekly and monthly newsletter
- submit monthly timesheets
- College degree or relevant experience in religious education, education, child development or a related field
- Understanding of different learning styles, the developmental stages of children and youth and the associated teaching/learning strategies
- Experience in working with K-12 children and youth
- Competency in anti-racism, multicultural issues, and anti-oppression issues or the willingness to develop this competency
- Experience training, equipping, and inspiring volunteers
- Strength in computer skills and internet-based applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, and social media
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Warmth, enthusiasm, and creativity
- A positive outlook with the ability to bring out the best in those you serve
- Good time management skills
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of compassion, community
- A commitment to your own personal and professional growth
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of La Crosse
$16.25 per hour
Position Begins: August 1, 2018
Position Ends: ongoing
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of La Crosse is looking for a caring and energetic candidate to teach children from Kindergarten to second grade in our Religious Education (RE) classrooms on Sunday mornings. This position is from 9:30am to 11:30am for a total of 13 Sundays. This position is from September – December 2018, with the potential to renew in January.
The ideal candidate would be familiar with Unitarian Universalism and have experience working with children. Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
The Unitarian Universalist Association and its member congregations are committed to ensuring the safety of our congregation members and friends. It is our practice, therefore, to require all prospective staff members and all volunteers who work with the children, youth, or vulnerable adults to provide information that will help us fulfill this commitment. An interview, a background check, and references are required for employment.
Visit www.uulacrosse.org for more information about the Fellowship.