PRAIRIE STAR DISTRICT ARCHIVES
Because Prairie Star District has become part of MidAmerica Region, this page has been archived as of July 15, 2013, for reference purposes. It will not be updated in the future, and some links may no longer work properly. For more up-to-date information, please visit the Mid America UUA site. Thank you!
Lifespan Religious Ed
Resources for Developing Lifelong UUs
See MidAmerica Region Faith Development and Religious Education Resources!
Prairie Star’s Lifespan Program Area provided resources for Unitarian Universalist families of all formations and individuals of all ages -- from preschool through retirement.
PSD Vision Statement
We envision children, youth, and adults who:
- Know that they are lovable beings of infinite worth, imbued with powers of the soul, and obligated to use their gifts, talents, and potentials in the service of life
- Affirm that they are part of a Unitarian Universalist religious heritage and community of faith that has value and provides resources for living
- Accept that they are responsible for the stewardship and creative transformation of their religious heritage and community of faith
- Realize that they are moral agents, capable of making a difference in the lives of other people, challenging structures of social and political oppression, promoting the health and well-being of the planet, acting in the service of diversity, justice and compassion
- Recognize the need for community, affirming the importance of families, relationships and connections between and among the generations
- Appreciate the value of spiritual practice as a means of deepening faith and integrating beliefs and values with everyday life
- Experience hope, joy, mystery, healing, and personal transformation in the midst of life’s challenges.