We will be at the Oak Brook Marriott in Oak Brook Illinois (Chicago area) on April 28-30, 2017.
In spite of our small numbers in the national religious scene, Unitarian Universalists have been at the forefront of every significant social change in our nation's history. Now, more than ever, we need to work with partners to have an impact in our cities, states and country.
Our Keynote Speaker will be Rev. Dr. Lee Barker, President and Professor of Ministry at Meadville-Lombard Theological School! Rev. Dr. Barker's topic will be:
To Multi-faith: A Verb
Unitarian Universalism is perfectly situated to promote constructive multi-faith engagement for increased understanding and enhanced harmony. Success will depend on a new understanding of what it means to “be engaged.”
We'll also have a forum with the UUA Presidential candidates.
- Find ways for your congregation to put its faith in action.
- Ways to join with other faith communities or community groups to improve something in your locality.
- Share what you have learned about working with partners.
Plan now to join us there!
Early bird registration until April 5
Children must register before the Early bird date
Scholarship requests must be in by the Early bird date
Conference discounted rate for a room at the hotel will be available until April 12
Final registration deadline Friday, April 21
Registration will be possible at the door at the regular price -- with no meals. The hotel restaurant and coffee shop will be available.
Regional Assembly Registration Fees:
|Age group||Earlybird||Regular||At the door (no meals)|
|Children (age 3-12)
with child care *
|2 and under (no child care)||0||0||0|
|Volunteers (work 2 hours)||155||n/a||n/a|
* There will be a family maximum rate for childcare.
What is included in the registration fee?
- The adult, young adult and youth registration fees include all programming and four meals.
- The children's registration fee includes childcare and the same four meals.
- The four meals are breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
For cancellations requested prior to April 5, the registration fee will be returned less a $25.00 handling fee.
Cancellations requested between April 5 and 12 will receive a 50% refund of paid registration fees.
No refunds for cancellations after April 12.
If you have questions about registration policies or want to cancel, please contact the MidAmerica office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-636-9724.
Our Children’s Programming theme for the MidAmerica Regional Assembly 2017 is Being a Partner for Change
The age range is 3-12 years.
Children’s programming at the 2017 MidAmerica Regional Assembly will build on the theme of the assembly of enhancing our interfaith partnerships. Children will have a day of creative engagement in “Being a Partner for Change.” The children’s program will include guided story, song, art projects, and fellowship building activities.
We ask that parents pick up their children for lunch and then return at 1p. We will have two trained childcare providers with the participants for the entire day.
- The Child registration fee includes all four conference meals plus the child care.
- The deadline for Child registration is before April 1.
- Childcare is from 9:00 am - noon and 1:00 - 5:00 pm on Saturday, April 29.
1st Child: $100
2nd Child: $75
3rd and more: no additional charge