PRAIRIE STAR DISTRICT ARCHIVES
Because Prairie Star District has become part of MidAmerica Region, this page has been archived as of July 15, 2013, for reference purposes. It will not be updated in the future, and some links may no longer work properly. For more up-to-date information, please visit the Mid America UUA site. Thank you!
The Prairie Star District is a growing community of healthy, vital congregations in covenantal relationship with one another, transforming ourselves and our world by living our Unitarian Universalist principles.
Healthy, vital congregations are those in which:
- Membership, resources, and the depth of religious, spiritual and intellectual experience are growing
- Faith communities flourish
- Right relations (i.e., respectful communication and conduct) are fostered and promoted throughout the congregation
- Generosity is practiced and deeply rooted
- Racial and cultural equity grows
- A strong sense of denominational identity exists
Congregations within the District live in covenant with each other and with the District when:
- Congregations within the District are connected in formal networks and clusters that create opportunities for collaboration and mentoring.
- Congregations participate in the life of the District.
Congregations, in partnership with the UUA, move towards sustainability, wholeness, and reconciliation in the world through:
- Engagement in their communities, informed by our prophetic voice and public witness
- Growing awareness of Unitarian Universalism in the larger community
- Interfaith partnerships and alliances based on shared values that promote justice.