History and Heritage
History and Heritage webinar
We begin this webinar by considering the benefits of doing UU history. Then we review strategies for doing historical work in your home congregations, and for connecting your local history to regional and national UU history. We present examples of how to communicate your historical information, and how to collaborate with others who engage in UU historical initiatives.
<-- CLICK SLIDE TO WATCH VIDEO
Presented by Nancy Heege, Tim Hirsch and the Members of the Region's History and Heritage Committee.
Pastoral Care System
Leader: Rev. Lisa Presley, Congregational Life Consultant, MidAmerica Region. For many years now, the UUA and our congregations have been striving to learn how to be multiculturally competent. Over this past year, ministers and UUA staff have been learning about the Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity as yet one more tool for helping bridge what sometimes seems to be wide gaps in intercultural competency.
<-- CLICK SLIDE TO WATCH VIDEO.
This webinar will provide the basics of that model—and will be a good intro for the conference we will be holding February 28-March 2, 2014. REGISTER NOW!
- Congregational Leadership During Anxious Times
- Sustaining Lay Pastoral Care Teams
- Small Group Ministry and Membership
- Roberts Rules and Meeting Management
- Congregations and Safety
- Ten Good Ideas for New Board Presidents
- The New Unity Story
- Committees on Ministry
- Ministry of Membership
- Board Responsibilities
- Managing Congregational Human Resources
- Faith Formation 2020 and the Multigenerational Community
- Digital/Spiritual Literacy
- Sustainable Youth Ministry
- Optimize Congregation's Web Presence
- Theology of Leadership
- New Youth Advisors 101
- Practicing Pluralism
- Tapestry of Faith
- From Nominating Committees to Leadership Development Teams
- Mission! Mission! Mission!
- Volunteers - Best Practices
- 5 Signs of Congregational Decline
- Social Media for UU Congregations
- Year Round Stewardship
- Second Hour Church
- Welcoming Newcomers
- Becoming A Safe Congregation
- Difficult People
- Staffing for Growth
- Good Governance
- Multi-Site Congregations
- Adult Religious Education
- Meetings Can Be Fun
- Working with Volunteers
- Integrating New Members
- Adding A Service
- Multigenerational Worship
- Effective Meetings
- Getting Your Church Ready for Fall